Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year !!

Welcome back my dear readers. I hope as always that you are in the pink of health , and are having a great week. And also that this continues towards a fabulous weekend.


So, It is Officially my favorite time of the year !! Christmas is almost here. And I can feel it in the air somehow. The breeze feels crisper, the birds seem chirpier, and happiness just resonates from deep within me. Do you feel the same way too ? Comment below ya'll.


For as long as I can remember, my family has celebrated this Joyous festival. I always decorated the little tree in our home in the best way I could. And then placed presents below the lit up tree. My Dad would even dress up as Santa !! Although we're not Christians, I still feel a strong amount of love for this festival. With bonfires lighting up, chestnuts roasting on open fires and warm cocoa (or alcohol ;-) ) filled mugs, Christmas just always fills up my heart.

As kids, me and my brother would dress up for the annual costume competition at our Dad's work party. Sometimes as a fairy, once as a beggar(I resent that deeply now), and many times as a dancer, I always had so much fun getting dressed up in some ridiculous costume. I guess now I can understand how sometimes stupid things can turn into cherished memories.



And then there's a full playlist of lovely Christmas songs, comprising of new & old classics. I love Last Christmas by Wham, Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas by Frank Sinatra, All I want For Christmas by Mariah Carey, Mistletoe by Justin Beiber and many more. I love the Mean Girls rendition of Jingle Bell Rock too. And what's Christmas without Micheal Buble` right !! So me and my folks gather around the couch almost every night leading up to Christmas eve, and listen to these wonderful tracks till we retire to bed.


There used to be days when everyone would fuss over which Holiday cards and such to sends to all their friends and family. My paternal grandfather would always send us one, no matter where he would be. But sadly, with the technological age, this seems to have lost in translation as usual. Nowadays, we just send a random text to everyone and that's it. And I can't even begin to tell you how tacky and impersonal that really is. So, this year make sure you either send a lovely family card or postcard to your loved ones, call them to wish them, or better yet visit them and spend some much needed time together. Nothing will beat the smiles they'll have on their happy faces. And thoughtful presents such as homemade cookies and cakes don't hurt either. As every year, I plan to bake a Christmas cake, and some ginger cookies too.



So here's wishing all of you A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. May this Holiday season be all that you wished for, and more. Stay safe and have a wonderful time ya'll.



How do you celebrate Christmas ? What's on your Christmas playlist & menu ? I would love to hear from you, so make sure to comment below.



P.S.-Thank you guys as always, for your love and support. Due to the Holiday season, this will be my last post for the year. I hope to see you again in the New Year. Until then, take good care.




Comments

Popular Posts